This recovery programme for pornography addiction has been developed specifically to help young people struggling with compulsive porn use and online behaviours. The course is conducted online using Zoom video conferencing and provides practical skills for recovery, as well as insight into other emotional and personal needs. It also provides an environment that overcomes the shame, guilt, isolation and secrecy that often maintain addiction and a supportive network to share and learn accountability.
By the end of the course, attendees will be able to:
- Understand the biological and psychological causes of their addiction
- Recognise and manage triggers
- Establish relapse prevention strategies to secure and maintain recovery
- Identify and overcome potential future blocks to recovery
- Develop long term strategies for re-establishing a positive sexual lifestyle
The course consists of 8 x 2 hour online sessions one evening a week and between session preparatory work. Attendance at each session is required and the course is strictly limited to a maximum of 6 men. All attendees are required to sign a confidentiality statement to ensure the group is a safe space for all.
The course facilitator is Ian Baker who is an experienced young people’s therapist who specialises in sex and pornography addiction. To arrange to talk further about the programme, in confidence, please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us.